Saturday, February 27, 2016

Bleeding Blue


Since returning to the United States last spring, the 2016 presidential election has been a hot topic in both the news and media. The 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution has given me the liberty to express my choice and I am proudly exercising that privilege. 


I chose to wear ALL blue to the polls as a cheeky expression of my left leaning preferences, so I paired this light-colored chambray shirt with dark denim skinny jeans. The chambray is a bit snug on me, so I could have easily worn a white tee-shirt underneath and left in unbuttoned. I've never mixed different variations of the same material in one outfit before, but I think I would like to try this again.


If you haven't geared up for spring and purchased lace-up flats yet, please do yourself a favor and buy a pair right now! I am obsessed with how comfortable and fashionable these lace-up flats are and how they make me feel. Each step I take in them makes me feel like a prancing ballerina as she waltzes through a field of wildflowers. Okay, maybe not majestic..but they do make me feel very confident/special when I wear them. 


Chambray: American Eagle
Pants: Forever 21
Shoes: UrbanOG


Some states have already had their primaries, but I encourage everyone with upcoming dates to head to the polls this year and vote for the candidate that you feel is best. 

xx Besos, 

Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment